For Students and Recent Grads
Beginning Your Career with NSM
Young Professionals & Recent Graduates
We believe that young people bring a fresh perspective and innovative ideas to the workplace. At NSM, 42% of our employees are Millennials. We look to hire outstanding young professionals who want to jump start their careers, continue to learn and grow into our future leaders. Some of the benefits of working at NSM include:
- Comprehensive Onboarding Process– When you join our team, you are immediately matched with a peer mentor in a similar job function to help guide them as you transition to our team. With his or her guidance, you will complete a formal onboarding process that includes organized agendas to facilitate meeting with your team and leadership, training on NSM systems and programs, and networking.
- Training & Continuing Education– ·We believe that our employees must grow and develop in order for our business to grow and develop. We invest in our employees by providing funding for them to acquire industry designations and certifications and by offering internal trainings and continuing education classes.
- Philanthropy– We value philanthropy and community service and encourage our employees to actively give back to the communities in which we work and live. We participate in the Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service, Insurance Day of Giving, Irish Pub Tour de Shore, the Philadelphia Dragon Boat Regatta, and other service and fundraising projects throughout the year.
- Health and Wellness– We promote a healthy workplace and healthy lifestyles among our employees. We offer health club membership reimbursement, office sport teams, an extended fitness lunch, healthy lifestyle incentives through our healthcare provider, and office-wide fitness competitions like NSM’s Biggest Loser.
The NSM Insurance Group’s Summer Internship Program is for those who aspire to excel. The program offers select college students real-world experience and valuable learning opportunities through their paid summer internship with NSM Insurance Group. Meaningful work assignments, networking opportunities, and robust training and development allow our interns to gain experience that will set them apart as they enter into the job market.
Although many of our interns are pursuing degrees in risk management or business with an interest in the insurance industry, we also have interns who work with our various business units including marketing, operations, administration and accounting. After completing the program, many of our interns are invited to extend their internship into the school year, or to join our team full time following graduation.
- Training and Development- Our interns participate in training & development throughout the summer. The curriculum focuses on professional development, business etiquette and technical applications, as well as NSM’s story, business and culture.
- Networking Opportunities & Team Building– At NSM, we believe in the motto “Work Hard, Play Hard.” Our internship program is not different. Our interns work hard but also enjoy team building events, community service projects, and group outings with their fellow interns, teams and mentors. Our interns have many opportunities throughout the summer to network with their fellow interns, NSM employees, and senior leadership.
- Internship Mentor– Each intern is paired with a Mentor from his or her business unit who provides guidance on tasks and projects serves as resources for questions, assists with training, and help their intern succeed in the program and reach their goals. Many of our interns ask their mentors to provide a reference upon completion of the program.
- Real Work Experience -Our interns don’t spend the summer getting coffee or doing busy work from 8-5; they work directly with our employees on meaningful projects and tasks. Our goal is to help our interns to build their resumes, to prepare for full-time employment, and to gain real-world experience that will help them succeed in their careers in the future.
Find your position on the NSM team today! View our open positions (button with click through somewhere on page)